5 Things: Parking Rules Meeting, Job Search Help
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on March 20 in Charlestown.
1. Mostly sunny: The first day of spring will be mostly sunny with a chance of flurries before 8 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. It will also be windy with gusts as high as 34 miles per hour. High: 42, Low: 25.
2. Parking rules meeting: The Boston Redevelopment Authority will hold a public meeting today at 7 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus to discuss off-street residential parking requirements for the Charlestown Neighborhood Zoning District. The BRA has been asked by the Charlestown Neighborhood Council to review these requirements, and to make suggestions for amending the zoning code to address neighborhood concerns.
3. Toddler Time: Bring your toddler by the Charlestown Branch of the Boston Public Library on Wednesdays in March from 10:30-11 a.m. for stories, puppets, rhymes and more. This program is free and geared toward children under 3.
4. Schoolboys scholarships: The Old Charlestown Schoolboys Association is now accepting applications for its annual scholarship program. A total of 12 scholarships are available in 2013 for graduating high school seniors who have lived in Charlestown for at least 10 years and plan to enter college or preparatory school. For more information or to download a membership application, visit charlestownschoolboys.org. Deadline to apply is April 7.
5. Job search help: Neighbors helping Neighbors USA meets every Wednesday from 7-8:30 p.m. at Boston Public Library’s Central Branch (700 Boylston St.). The free, peer-led group helps individuals in their job search. Membership is open to anyone in career transition including unemployed or underemployed individuals and recent college graduates in the fields of business, nonprofit, and education, as well as individuals re-entering the job market, struggling small business owners and anyone looking for part-time or volunteer work.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."