5 Things: Over 50 Yoga Class, Orange Line Diversion
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on Feb. 1 in Charlestown.
1. Partly sunny: Today will be partly sunny and windy, with gusts up to 28 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service. High: 36, Low: 17.
2. New yoga class: Charlestown Yoga is offering a new class for adults ages 50 and over on Fridays in February from 4-5 p.m. Cost is $80 for four sessions, with the first session starting tonight. For more information, visit charlestownyoga.com, call 617-241-0824 or email instructor Karen Fabian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Orange Line diversion: Buses will replace Orange Line trains between Sullivan Square and Oak Grove MBTA stations on Saturday, Feb. 2 through Sunday, Feb. 3. All shuttle bus stops are accessible for persons with disabilities. Normal Orange Line train service will resume on Monday.
4. Swing dance: Drop by Boston Swing Central’s studio on Roland Street every Friday at 8 p.m. for dancing and live jazz music from the 1920s, '30s and '40s swing era. The $10 admission includes a beginner’s lesson from 8-9 p.m., with social dancing from 9 p.m. to midnight. No partner or prior experience is required.
5. Wear Red today: Feb. 1 is the 10th annual National Wear Red Day, part of the national “Go Red For Women” campaign and a kick-off to American Heart Month. According to the American Heart Association, heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women, causing one in three deaths every year. Join the fight against heart disease by supporting the “Go Red For Women” cause.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."