5 Things: One-Way Street Discussion
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on Feb. 7 in Charlestown.
1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny with a light wind, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight will be partly cloudy with a slight chance of snow after 1 a.m. High: 23, Low: 22. Looking ahead: The National Weather Service has issued a Blizzard Watch for the Boston area for Friday morning into Saturday afternoon.
2. Traffic meeting: The Charlestown Neighborhood Council Transportation Committee will hold a meeting with the Boston Traffic Department today at 7 p.m. to discuss alternating traffic flow on the six one-block ladder streets that run between Medford and Bunker Hill streets to the east of St. Francis de Sales Church. The meeting will be held at the church’s lower hall. All Charlestown residents are invited to participate in this meeting.
3. Indoor playspace: Families with children ages six months to just under three years old are invited to come to the indoor playspace at St. Mary-St. Catherine of Siena Parish on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Membership in the program runs through May 16. The space includes centers for active play, building, trains, dramatic play, art and reading. All children must be accompanied by an adult; this is not a babysitting program. To sign up, email email@example.com.
4. City alerts: With heavy snowfall expected this weekend, it's a good time to make sure your updated contact information is registered with Alert Boston, the city's emergency notification system. Sign up to get emergency alerts on your phone, by email or text message.
5. Summer jobs: Charlestown teens: Want to earn money and gain important job skills? Applications are now being accepted for Boston’s Summer of Opportunity employment program, which is sponsored by the City of Boston, the Boston Police Department, John Hancock Financial Services and the Boston Police Foundation. Apply now at bpdnews.com.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."