5 Things: Moms Dance Workshop, Radio Fundraiser
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on Jan. 31 in Charlestown.
1. Wind and rain: Showers and a thunderstorm are possible before 10 a.m. today, with temperatures falling gradually throughout the day to around 43 degrees by 5 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. It will also be windy, with gusts up to 55 miles per hour hour. The evening will be clear but breezy. High: 56, Low: 34.
2. Free dance workshop: BabyCakes of Charlestown is offering a free, introductory dance class for expectant mothers, new mothers and their babies up to one year old. The class will be held today from 1:30-2:30 p.m. Learn more at http://www.mamaballroom.com/charlestown.html.
3. Fountain meeting moved: The CNC/BRA public meeting to discuss the Navy Yard fountain has been postponed from today to Tuesday, Feb. 12 because of a scheduling conflict. See the announcement for more information.
4. Charlestown radio: Working Man Radio, a local radio show that airs on 91.5 FM WMFO, is looking for some help raising funds to enter a parade float into the 2013 Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade. The team behind Working Man Radio has big things in the works, with plans to open their own Internet radio station on Main Street through which they will offer local shows and teach kids the broadcasting business. You can help them out by donating through their gofundme.com page.
5. Job searching? Check out Charlestown Patch’s jobs board, with positions posted from around the area. Looking for a full- or part-time employee? Post a job on the same page, or attract Charlestown candidates by adding a listing to Patch’s Announcements section—just create a free user account or log in with an existing account, then follow this link.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."