5 Things: Liquor License Meeting, Team Fundraiser
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on Jan. 28 in Charlestown.
[UPDATED Monday, Jan. 28, 11:48 a.m.]
1. Chance of snow: Today will be cloudy with a slight chance of snow after 4 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. More rain, snow and sleet is possible this evening before 2 a.m., with a chance of freezing rain and sleet after 2 a.m. High: 36, Low: 30.
2. Tangierino meeting: The Charlestown Neighborhood Council Basic Services Committee will meet today to consider a liquor license request from Tangierino Lounge Inc. The meeting will be held at 7 p.m. at the Bunker Hill Museum, 43 Monument Square. This meeting is open to the public. Use the Monument Avenue entrance.
3. “Race for Rehab” fundraiser: Help the Spaulding “Race for Rehab” team reach their Boston Marathon fundraising goal by buying dinner tickets at Navy Yard Bistro tonight or Tuesday. Tickets cost $50 each and include a three-course tasting meal. Reservations are requested for parties of six or more.
4. Homework help: The Charlestown Branch of the Boston Public Library offers a free drop-in homework help program for students in grades K-8. High school-age mentors from Boston's public and private schools provide the academic support. The program runs daily most weeks, Monday through Thursday, from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Visit the library website for more information.
5. Ice skating: The Boston Common Frog Pond is open daily for public ice skating throughout the season. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Mondays, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesdays through Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sundays. Admission is $5 for ages 14 and up and free for ages 13 and under. Skate rentals cost $5 for kids and $9 for adults.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."