5 Things: LEGO Fun, Small Project Review
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on Feb. 20 in Charlestown.
1. Cloudy: Today will be cloudy with a chance of snow flurries after 10 a.m. and wind gusts up to 33 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service. High: 35, Low: 20.
2. Drop-in LEGOs: Children are invited to drop by the Charlestown Branch of the Boston Public Library today for LEGO fun from 2-5 p.m. Looking for more to do with the kids during February Vacation Week? Check out this list of activities being offered around the city.
3. Small project meeting: The Charlestown Neighborhood Council will hold a public meeting today at 7 p.m. to discuss a small project proposal at 105 Rutherford Ave. The property owner wants to create four off-street parking spaces in back with access from Main Street. The project will require Zoning Board of Appeals approval. The meeting will be held in the community room of Mary Colbert Apartments (20 Devens St.).
4. Share your Charlestown photos: Got a great photograph of life in Charlestown? Email it to email@example.com, text to 781-217-4233 or tweet @CharlestwnPatch, including a line or two about where and when the photo was taken. Your photo could be featured as our Photo of the Day and posted to the front page.
5. Charlestown radio: Working Man Radio, a local radio show that airs on 91.5 FM WMFO, is looking for some help raising funds to enter a parade float into the 2013 Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade. The team behind Working Man Radio has big things in the works, with plans to open their own Internet radio station on Main Street through which they will offer local shows and teach kids the broadcasting business. You can help them out by donating through their gofundme.com page.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."