5 Things: Kennedy Center Flea Market, Shipyard Quarters Marina Hearing and More
Deadlines, events and other items should know about today, Dec. 11, in Charlestown.
1. Sunny: Today will be sunny but cooler, with a high near 39 degrees and a low around 30, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Flea market: The Kennedy Center will host a flea market today beginning at 10 a.m. at its facility at 55 Bunker Hill St. Shop from children’s clothes, women’s coats and accessories, household items, holiday items, sporting goods, toys, books and more.
3. Marina hearing: The Boston Conservation Commission will hold a public enforcement hearing on the conditions of the Shipyard Quarters Marina in the Charlestown Navy Yard today at 6 p.m. at City Hall, Room 801. The hearing will look at the current conditions and plans for remediation of the marina, which operates off Pier 8, as well as Pier 6, both of which are owned by New York resident Martin Oliner.
4. Navy Yard development: The Charlestown Neighborhood Council Development Committee will host a meeting today at 7 p.m. at the Constitution Inn, fifth floor, with respect to the proposed development of Parcel 39A located in the Charlestown Navy Yard. The meeting is open to the public, and all are welcome to attend.
5. Health services: MGH Charlestown Healthcare Center offers a free monthly support group for people living with diabetes. All are welcome; please call ahead to confirm, 617–724–8202. This group meets at 1 p.m. in the center's lower level conference room. Also today, MGH Charlestown is offering free blood pressure screenings. Come to the basement conference room at 73 High St.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning “5 Things.”