5 Things: Hockey Tournament, Orange Line Diversion
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on March 1 in Charlestown.
1. Rain and snow: Rain and snow showers are possible this morning before 11 a.m. and again this evening, according to the National Weather Service. The rest of the day will be mostly cloudy with scattered showers. High: 44, Low: 30. Chance of precipitation: 30 percent.
2. Youth hockey tournament: The Charlestown Youth Hockey Association’s 19th annual Bryan McGonagle Memorial Hockey Tournament will kick off today, with games scheduled at 6 p.m., 7:10 p.m. and 8:20 p.m. at the Emmons Horrigan O'Neill Memorial Rink. The tournament will continue on Saturday and Sunday, March 2-3. The community is encouraged to come out and support these young hockey players.
3. Orange Line diversion: Buses will replace trains between Sullivan Square and Oak Grove MBTA stations all weekend, March 2-3, and Monday through Wednesday, March 4-6, beginning at 9 p.m. Regular service will be held on Thursday, March 7 and Friday, March 8. The diversion will also be in effect the weekend of March 9-10, with regular Orange Line train service scheduled to resume on Monday, March 11.
4. Night at the museum: MFA First Fridays are held on the first Friday of every month from 6-9:30 p.m. With the purchase of admission to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts (465 Huntington Ave.)—$25 adult, $23 seniors—you can explore the exhibits, enjoy music and cash bars featuring signature cocktails and delicious tapas available for purchase. This event is open to visitors ages 21 and up; purchase tickets in advance at mfa.org or at the door.
5. National Golf Expo: The National Golf Expo will be at Boston’s Seaport World Trade Center (200 Seaport Blvd.) today from 12-8 p.m., Saturday, March 2 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, March 3 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission costs $12 for adults, $10 for seniors over 65 and free for children ages 12 and under. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.GolfExpoBoston.com or call Paragon Group at 781-273-5533.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."