5 Things: Elder Health Talk, City Council Meeting
Five things you should know about today, Dec. 5, in Charlestown.
1. Rainy: Showers are likely today, mainly before noon, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 57 degrees and the low around 25.
2. Elder Health Talk: The Zelma Lacey House is hosting a series of free talks on senior health concerns. Today’s session will focus on the health impacts of winter weather. The program will be held from 3:30-5 p.m. Call 617-724-8143 for more information.
3. City Council meeting: Boston City Council will meet today at noon on the fifth floor of City Hall. See the full agenda on the city website. All meetings are open to the public and can also be viewed on Comcast Channel 51 and on webcast.
4. Get more from Patch: Looking for more news, updates, photos and more from Charlestown Patch? Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and get news right in your inbox every morning by signing up for our email newsletter.
5. Holiday Market: The fourth annual Downtown Boston Holiday Market features new artisan vendors each week, along with appearances from Santa and musical performances on Summer Street in the Downtown Crossing area. The market is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Mondays through Saturdays and from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning “5 Things.”