5 Things: CNC Meeting, Winter Playspace
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on Jan. 8 in Charlestown.
1. Sunny: Today will be sunny, clear and windy, with wind gusts up to 25 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service. High: 45, Low: 29.
2. CNC Meeting: The general body of the Charlestown Neighborhood Council will meet today at 7 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus hall on Medford Street. All meetings are open to the public unless otherwise stated. View the full agenda in the image gallery at right.
3. Indoor playspace: Families with kids ages six months to just under three years old are invited to use an indoor playspace at St. Mary-St. Catherine of Siena Parish on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30-11:30 a.m., beginning today. Membership in the program costs $120 per family for a period ending May 16. The space is filled with educational toys including centers for active play, building, trains, dramatic play, art and reading. All children must be accompanied by an adult; this is not a babysitting program. To sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Kindergarten signups: The first round of registration for Boston Public Schools' kindergarten, sixth and ninth grade programs opened last week and ends Feb. 1. Families are encouraged to register on specific dates tied to the first letter of a parent’s last name. Registration can be conducted at Family Resource Centers in East Boston, Dorchester, Roxbury and Roslindale.
5. Job searching? Check out Charlestown Patch’s jobs board, with positions posted from around the area. Openings currently listed include a senior administrative and project assistant, medical office receptionist and senior account executive. Looking for a full- or part-time employee? Post a job on the same page, or attract Charlestown candidates by adding a listing to Patch’s Announcements section—just create a free user account or log in with an existing account, then follow this link.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."