5 Things: 45 Sullivan St. Review, Heart Screenings
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on Feb. 19 in Charlestown.
1. Chance of rain: Today will be partly sunny with a chance of rain and snow in the evening, according to the National Weather Service. High: 44, Low: 30.
2. Sullivan Street project: The Charlestown Neighborhood Council Development Committee will hold a community review meeting for a proposed five-unit residential development project at 45 Sullivan St., tonight at 7 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus Hall. Public comment is welcome.
3. On stage: Need something to do with the kids? Bring them to see Wheelock Family Theatre's production of "Oliver," which features Charlestown resident David Sullivan as a hungry orphan. This is the last week of the show, and there will be 1 p.m. matinees daily today through Friday, Feb. 22 on the Wheelock College campus (180 Riverway). Tickets cost $20-$30 and can be purchased at the Box Office by calling 617-879-2300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more at WheelockFamilyTheatre.org.
4. Heart health screenings: The MGH Charlestown Healthcare Center is offering free heart health screenings today from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Along with screenings, there will be games and prizes, heart-healthy snacks and information about improving heart health. For details, call 781-485-6400.
5. Boat show: The 2013 Progressive Insurance New England Boat Show is running all week at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (415 Summer St.). The show is open Tuesday through Friday from 1-9 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. For tickets, visit NewEnglandBoatShow.com.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."