10 Ways to Use Charlestown Patch
Brush up on your knowledge of how to use this great community resource.
Charlestown Patch is about the people of Charlestown—your stories, photos and news and the information that matters to you. That's why we offer so many ways for you to contribute, whether it's adding a local event to the calendar, blogging about the community, joining a discussion in the comments section of a news story or sharing a Photo of the Day.
Maybe you know how to use Patch like a pro, or maybe you're new to the site. Whatever your level of expertise, here are a few tips and reminders—10 ways you can use Charlestown Patch:
1. Picture perfect: Add photos to our Neighborhood Gallery or submit it directly for our Photo of the Day feature. Have a great picture from a night at Warren Tavern, a walk in the Navy Yard or a school performance? Now you can share it with everyone else in town—and the gallery is an easy spot for your family to find it. Just upload your photos, add a caption so we know what's going on, and share the link. If you want to be featured in Photo of the Day, email the image to email@example.com or tweet @CharlestwnPatch.
2. Spread the word: Got an event coming up? Add it to the calendar, then email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org for help getting the word out about your fundraiser, meeting, class, show or other event.
3. Make a review: Tell your neighbors about a great shopping or dining experience. Who better to trust with a review of a business than a neighbor? You can rate businesses—good or bad—by going to their Directory page and sharing your thoughts.
5. Tell a story: Let everyone know about a great story. Attend a fantastic club event or an exciting game? Write something up, take a picture and post it on Charlestown Patch.
7. Share your news: Post announcements for free. The old days of paying a publication to publish a wedding announcement are history! Now you can tell the town when you or a family member get married, have a baby, graduate or make the honor roll.
9. Speak out: Give us a piece of your mind. Thank someone or let us know what you think of a topic by submitting a Letter to the Editor that we'll publish on the site.
10. Stay on top of the latest news: Sign up for our newsletter by clicking on the "Get the Newsletter" button on the homepage. Wake up and have Charlestown Patch in your email inbox with the latest, freshest news around. You can also sign up for breaking alerts—snow emergencies, traffic snarls, crime alerts and more.
And as always, if you have a question, a local story idea, news tip, photo opportunity or other item to share, email Local Editor Becca Manning, email@example.com, or call 781-217-4233.